Saturday, March 25, 2006

Trading Spaces

So, I just had a really super fun creative day playing trading spaces. As most of you know, I live in a lodge...so it's kind of like colleg living, in that I live ina big building, but occupy just a room of it. Considering my room is the one place I can go to get away (as there are people everywhere), it's kind of important for it to be homey. I thought I had already done a pretty good darn job of making it my own, but then one of my friends and I started talking about Trading Spaces and how we should try it at CooperRiis.

And that's how today happened. A friend and I decorated his room. And then he, Simon/lodge advisor (click on link--the dude above me in the pictures), and Mike/farm manager (click on link--bottom right corner) decorated my room. I didn't know it could get much better, but these guys should get paid (they didn't.) I now have a bamboo rack extending from floor to ceiling for my hats, purses, scarves. I have shelves on all of my windowsills. I have a giant branch hanging from my ceiling with pictures attached to ropes hanging off of it. An awesome, giant rock sits at the end of my bed. My books and magazines are organized. I have plants everywhere. It's beatutiful. Y'all have got to come see it!

Us girls did a pretty good job of decorating Simon's room, although I admit we didn't do quite as spectacular of a job, thinking as outside the box as they did. We did manage to turn a tree branch into a hat rack, made some curtains, created a spiritual Simon space with candles and what not, got rid of a hideous singing stuffed thing, covered the television with cloth...etc...

Of course we filmed it all and we're going to show it to our community. All in a day's work. I'm pooped.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think Simon & Mike could come to Fort Smith for an extreme makeover?

Unknown said...

the house that i'm house sitting actually was on the show trading spaces last year or so...they totally hate it. amy calls the living room "hunter s. thompson lives here". there's faux fur on the walls and they turned her player piano into a bar...yikes! glad to hear your attempts were more to the liking.

r. harrison said...

idea for next post: granola recipe

Anonymous said...

granola from cooper riis?? Hell yeah POST THAT
also, how do they get the mint to stick to their chopped apples so beautifully?
also, could you get the mango vinegarette recipe?
uh........ i guess that'll be all

miss you ellen